Friday, May 23, 2008

May painting plus surprise

That time of month again. No...not THAT time...But painting class time.



But this month I don't have one for Jan. She was in the afternoon class due to a train vacation. But she did a terrific job cuz I saw it.
So this group is Olga, Gary and me.





And now..for the surprise. I got the teacher Steve Wood to pose with his painting.
I do think this capture him really well.



He is a little smug about his work though but generally a nice guy.
I think all his brush noises got to him this day though cuz it made his eyes funny.

The brush noises? Oh..those are little tricks he uses to get you to remember the brush strokes...ROFL. I guess you just have to be there and to take one of his classes.

Seriously though he is a great teacher and everyone in class comes away with a very respectable painting. He makes the class fun and we learn new techniques and eventually can paint on our own. I have not tried that yet though.

I cannot draw even though I can carve. But Steve makes painting easy.
He proves his motto..."Anyone can Paint"

Our paintings show that. If we can..you can!

If you come visit at the end of the month,,,come join me for class..my treat too.
The guest bedroom should be done sometime this year...ROFL.
Until then...checkout his site.

Steve Wood Art

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Gosh the paintings are so different. I have to say I like your overall picture best, but I really like the way Gary painted the rocks. The teacher looks like a hoot!! I am sure you all have fun. You will have to start giving your art away as presents..

Good job all.