Saturday, June 19, 2010

Michigan Blooming cactus

Last year when I went to a plant exchange I came home with a cactus that was Michigan hardy. I never new they existed. This year I got another one that was even bigger. Guess what?. My one last year is still small but this new one bloomed!!! Pretty yellow flowers. One has opened already and 2 more will soon.

In the spring the plants look terrible. Like they are rotted and winter killed. But they do recover and wow...this one is gorgeous with new shoots everywhere.

Pictures my hubby took. Click for bigger view.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

I am amazed they are hardy in pots. Or did you move them inside for the winter? Very pretty

Pat said...

Nope...they stay outside and in pots. or in the ground. They do look pretty terrible in the spring like they are rotting but they come around eventually.