Saturday, September 15, 2007

#1 Pet Peeve

The thing that bugs me the most is when someone tells me how to do something differently than how I am doing it and go on and on about how I am doing it wrong, or could do it easier, better or faster.

At first, well...most times I will politely listen to their suggestions and more likely than not, go on doing it my way.

Hey people, and you know who you are, if you want it done your way..then do it yourself. If you want me to do it...leave me alone and let me do it my own way.

I know that you mean well and just want to make it easier, but if I am happy as a pig in a mud waller doing it my way...what harm is it? HUH HUH?

It is not that I am closed minded or opposed to change, but 9 times out of ten, I have tried other ways and they took too much time for me to learn or I just plain liked the way I was doing it. There is that one time in ten that I will change.

At least have the common courtesy of backing off after making a suggestion. Don't take it personally if I decide to just go my merry way and do it back assward. As long as it gets done and it is my time.....be glad you are not doing it.

Ayup, I am stubborn and I do like to plug along to the beat of my own drummer.
If you don't like it....don't watch! Come back when I am done and praise me all the more for doing it the hard way. LOL

1 comment:

Sandi said...

This is one that kinda jerks my string too. If I am doing something then let me do it, or do it yourself. If it matters HOW something is done, then show me how and leave me alone!! If we are only looking for end results, then let me do it my way. I have to say I dont mind if someone shows me a faster way to do something, I am all about that but when it is something that I have done for a long time, then,, well leave me alone and let me get it done. LOL

HOpe the frame of mind is better today and the one who bugged you is no longer annoying.

Hugs
Sandi