Friday, April 25, 2008

Cia Herbs and strawberry pots

For Christmas my BFF gave me a Chia Herb set and I finally planted it when the house was warmer. We keep it pretty chilly for the most part but end of January I finally planted some.
I was skeptical cuz they don't have dirt bot sponges that you lay the seeds on. They are bigger now and soon I will clip off some to use in cooking.

A nice experiment but they they need constant attention --watering every day. I guess the dry air sucks it all up. But they were fun to do and I will try to transplant some outside.

Thanks BFF..you KNOW who you are!!



I was sadly disappointed to find my strawberry pots all broken up this winter. I had no idea that one had to take them in to be protected. Now I know after all that money down the drain. I had such high hopes for them. Good thing they were on sale huh?

I did take a hammer to the pieces and used them to fill in some huge red pots I bought for the front porch so all was not lost. Just expensive filler..lol.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

That was a bummer about the beautiful pots. Why do some lessons have to be so darn expensive!! (^_^) BUT,, Hey,, you got some use out of it.. WTG!!!
Twincy