Saturday, September 11, 2010

Too much "stuff"

With the influx of my brother's "stuff" I m finding I got way too much. As if I didn't in the first place. 

I save the stuff that I "might" need later. Like boxes, jars, plastic containers, bags of all kinds. I even have the old tv tables...just in case. As if we have tons of company...HAHA. Granted, they are wood and they are still nice but we have opted for the lighter and more adjustable Tablemates which we love.  I have way too  many candy dishes and only have one out at a time. Funny how my brother and mom had them too. I have inherited them all!!!! I have gotten rid of a few but......

Now I wonder who I can send them to..hehehehe..any takers?

I am still trying to find room for all his office stuff too. At least I could part with his tons of extension cords ad they are the old style and I am slowly replacing all mine with either 3 prong or the kind that lay flat against the way. I actually found 3 prong which also lays flat against the wall. NICE!

But......I have made a dent in things this morning. I have bagged up tons of jars as well as pitched many. I will take the ones I deem nice with great sealing lids to the senior center crafts people. At least they "might" be able to use them. I bit the bullet and got rid of over a dozen boxes and sorted thru tons of saved seeds. I also pitched out tons of odd sized paper bags. Well..to the recycle box anyway. If I have not used ANY in a long time that I can't even remember...well..time they left.  I only use the largest grocery bags for paper recycling anyway. I do keep the plastic ones gone, except for the big ones. The senior center library uses them for when people take out books or whatever. So many people donate stuff to the center they need a bag and go to the library for one. They know me as the bag lady. SO they are used which makes me feel good about saving them. These seem like little things but gosh..they take up space.


Slowly I have also been weaning down my bookcases and giving books as I read them. I also have been biting the bullet and not going to the library book sales. I will try to take out books from the library after I get done reading the 300 or so I have now stockpiled. LOL.


Pretty ambitious for a Saturday huh? Especially with no sleep ...again. I have no idea why my body has decided it needs only 5 hours of late and then..time to get up. Having to be quiet at 3-6 or 7 until hubby gets  up is not easy.


Sooo..back to stuff. I  just will have to be harder on myself and get rid of more. Everywhere is way too cluttered.  sigh.......

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Sounds like you are into de cluttering. I for one hate clutter, but when I married Jim I ganied a hoarder. I am constantly after him to get rid of stuff. Most of my life I have been a thrower, but I find as I get older, I think twice beofre throwing things, whatever it may be. I do like clean space and not full of stuff. So I say kudos to you

Sandi