Monday, September 29, 2008

Mystery Plant




Here is a plant that I got at a plant exchange. The idea was you bring plants and take others home. It was set up in a parking lot and a few tables were at the edges. Many brought them dug up and in tubs or in old pots or in boxes and bags. It was raining the day I went. But so much fun. I had many to share myself.

Anyway...this plant I forgot the name of but was assured it was prolific and pretty.

I planted it and it grew well. Very well. It spread a lot and got very tall. The first year it had no flowers and ihad to dig many of it out. I transplanted some and still it got no flowers. I had it two years. This year I used it as a focal plant in the center of a couple barberries and moon flowers. I tore off all the lower leaves and it got bushy. And lo and behold one day I noticed buds. It was gorgeous!! Yellow daisy like flowers grew all over it. It is tall...about 7 foot high. I wish I knew it's name. But I will continue to plant it here and there. Maybe the secret is let only one grow and water it a lot. Seemed that it liked this treatment.

It dies back each winter and comes back multiple the next year. I have had it 3 summers now and this was the first time it flowered.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I must say that is one plant I have never seen. Very different but it does have pretty flowers. You will have to let me know if you find out the name of it. Although I am not into tall plants, I would love to know the name of it.

Hugs
Sandi