Tuesday, September 09, 2008

South Dakota trip-Crazy horse and Mt Rushmore

Above -Crazy Horse as it will be when finished. It has been worked on for over
60 years and will take another 100 years to finish.
Below- as it is today.


Mount Rushmore...it is finished..lol
But actually it was not finished cuz the guy died before he got to put some final touches on it but it was left as is as a testimonial to him.
Again...I took tons of pics and some really nice ones.
Unfortunately the ones I took of the night time illumination didn't turn out.


1 comment:

Sandi said...

Wow,, Mt. Rushmore has changed since Gil and I were there 40 years ago. But I suppose it would. However, I am so shocked that the Crazy Horse monument is further along. I can tell you it doesnt look all that much different from what I remember when we were there. So I can imagine at that rate it will be another 100 years before it is finished, and who knows, maybe it is something that is just a way for someone to make money. LOL

You guys are Loooooking good.

Hugs
Sandi