Saturday, September 20, 2008

Zinnias

My zinnias did great this year.
Here they are in late Sept on the way out.
The pot to the right has basil in it.


The yardstick is a 4 foot one.
The pot is only 18 inches high so you can see they are huge.



These zinnias used to be bigger and are now sagging and bending forward.
At one time they were taller than me, But are still over 4 foot tall.
See the orange one way over the top of the ruler? That used to be much higher.
The tree behind has shaded them a lot and now they stretch forward.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I love zennias. They are one of the few flowers you can plant from seen, get flowers quite early (if the dang rabbits lay off them0 and then still bloom right up to frost. Zennias were my Mom's favorite flower.

It is a warm one here today. It got over 80 but the evenings cool of nicely.

I love fall, but Jim and I went to Costco this afternoon and oh soooo much color showeing up. Way to early

Hugs
Sandi