Friday, August 31, 2007

Castor bean and Black pearl

This is the Black Pearl Ornamental pepper. It is a new species and just out this year in nurseries around here. It is not big and only a foot or so tall but has nearly black leaves and starts with tiny purple flowers that turn to black marble size berries and then turn red as they mature. I hope there are seeds that will make more. I would love a whole row of them but at $3 a plant...rather pricey.


Now that the day lilies have died back the Castor bean has room to stretch. Behind it is purple bean hyacinth. It is a great climber and makes tons of seeds so I will never run out and I plant it everywhere. The Castor bean also makes seeds. I got this one from a carving friend. I planted it rather late...first week of June but it is doing well. I hope the seeds mature.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Love the way you try different things and can get them all to grow.. Mz Green Jeans!!!!

ME