Thursday, July 05, 2007

Lilies along the driveway

This is the huge bed at the bottom of the driveway near the road. Finally the hostas got large enough to fill in. I will have to divide the lilies next year. The tall plant next to the yuccas is a pampas grass which will get about 7 -8 ft tall with large white plumes.



The same side of the drive but further up near the garage. At least this year the bunnies didn't eat them. For several years they ate all the leaves and they didn't flower. this year the bunnies switched to a new diet...the zinnias. I have only bare stems. I hid them in 4 places and the bunnies found them all. A few are recovering with leaves at the top but I noticed they found them too. Not sure home many times they will keep growing before they give up. sigh..........

1 comment:

Sandi said...

So very beautiful. I have noticed more and more people are using ornamental grasses in thier landscaping. I like it when in the right places. I cant think of a place in my yard that they might fit, but then, I am not a gardner. Maybe if someone made a garden for me I would like it. OH,, side note,, this morning one of the sprinkler heads wasnt shutting off when the rest in that zone did, so I looked out and one of the kids had tipped a top on top of it and evidently it has to move back and forth so many times before shutting off,,, so I moved it it went a few times and shut off. The guy who installed it is supposed to come out today and pick up the checks again. He washed the last 2 we gave him, and then he is going to adjust some of the heads as there are a couple spots that are not being watered.

OK,, thats all

Sandi