Thursday, March 25, 2010

Found again

After 25 years or more, an old friend and I found each other again. I must admit it was mostly my fault for not keeping in touch. I had thought she had moved but never took the time to find out. Her and 3 other gals and I were very close thru high school. I blogged about one finding me on classmates last October and she finally gave me Wanda's number. I called a few times but got no answer and finally just left a cryptic message and after her curiosity got the better of her..she returned it. We had to wait a couple days to meet ...again..but this is the first pic. I had to change to black and white cuz the original was so dark and crappy. I was too excited to properly set the cameras.



 Here is a better one taken a few hours later. You can still see us smiling and oh so happy. I swear..it was like the clock was turned back and we were both 16 all over again.

She took me to see her parents around the corner. 
 
It seemed that they had not changed much and sitting there, which was across the street from where I grew up,  seemed like I should skedaddle home for lunch. We talked non-stop for nearly 5 hours and vowed to never again let the years pass by without keeping in contact. 

I was glad I finally got off my butt and stopped saying..."Oh..tomorrow I will call".

We are now planning a trip to Tennessee to see another of our little troupe. Sadly, we lost one of us 4 Musketeers a few years ago.

There is an old saying that your life flashes before your eyes when you are at death's door but there is another time it does..when you see an old buddy that gave you many, many happy memories in your youth. And we will spend untold hours reliving our lives in words to each other. A time I look forward too.

Wanda, I am so glad we have this opportunity to move once again forward in our friendship. It seems like we CAN pick up right where we left off.

Pat, aka Jodi

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Jodi huh? This is something I have not heard about. There must be a story there somewhere.

I love running into freinds of bygone years. Why do we loose track? I suppose it is because we have busy lives and life takes us down a path that far from the one we were on when we were friend.

I am happy for you.. Enjoy the reunion forever.

Sandi