Sunday, March 14, 2010

Potty training

This is the first time I have heard this. Babies are born potty trained. Gee...I read this article cuz it interested me and I feel a small ring of truth to it.


It brings to mind all those native tribes and their naked babies.

But more so it brings to mind something of a few years ago. A friend of mine went with their daughter to pick up an adopted baby in China. She described the outfit that the baby had on when they picked her up and that was all that came with the baby btw. It was cold so a snowsuit and very bundled baby but..the whole butt area was not there....exposed..open. They did not use diapers. Now I wonder if they used this method of learning nature call times. Sorta like the mom being trained and not the baby. But I must admit that it is natural for animals to not pee or pooh in their sleep place. And we did not have diapers for that long so something must of been used. Makes one wonder.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Hmmmmm,,, I suppose any mammal left to its own instincts would eventually stop peeing and pooping on themselves. Not sure when that would happen.. I know that Tonja NEVER EVER peed in her sleep. Or pooped for that matter. I would change her just before she went to sleep and she ALWAYS woke up dry. I couldhave started putting her on the potty when she was 2 weeks old. She wasnt awake more then a few minutes and she would pee but she woke up dry... and she was VERY easy to train.

Eric was a different story