Friday, April 16, 2010

Crazy April weather

Ahhh......Spring is really here and you can tell by the crazy temps. 85 yesterday. high 60's today and 50 tomorrow. Quite a spread. But it will be nicer to work outside with the lower temps. getting garden beds ready for planting is not fun with it 85 degrees.

My tulips are plump and ready to burst open. One more rain should do the trick. I have star daffodils already open and other little yellow flowers open of which I forget the name.  My star magnolia is winding down but the saucer pink magnolia in the back yard is in full bloom and gorgeous.


Now I just need some hostas that are late to poke their heads up so I can get a few other beds ready for summer. Funny, I have some hostas up about 6 inches and others in various stages and all in the same beds.


I am itching to plant but of course still too cold for that. Won't be long though...another few weeks.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

ahhh springtime!! When a young womans fancy turns to - - - gardening?? Yea for you it does and so nice that you have such a great hobby!! My hostas are all in various stages, depending on the type of hosta it is.