Sunday, April 18, 2010

Time line dilemma

Some things just do not make sense. I ordered some things yesterday from Amazon. Everything I ordered had free shipping. Woo hoo...nice huh?

It was not easy to get that though. Amazon was tricky. One would think that since ALL items were eligible for the free super savings shipping that they would automatically select that upon checkout. Nope...they pre-checked the "standard shipping". So I remembered to check for that specifically as I ran into that before. I dutifully changed it to the selection for free shipping. It said...free shipping...5-9 days. I can live with that. takes longer but  it was free.

I then proceeded to the payment portion of the order. Yea gads!!!! $16+ higher. What gives? The next page of this transaction again reverted to the standard shipping. Once again I checked off the free shipping option but after reading all the fine print..they DID tell me that in order to get the free shipping that  all my items were eligible for that I had to select that option. Ok! I get it...they give it ...reluctantly. Fine..once again the thing is right. I checked my whole order and payment page again. All was right this time.

A couple new baking pans,(pictured below) a couple books, ( about making decorative knots), a new Nintendo DS XL....sweet!!!!! All set...now to click the final..."order" button. CLICK!!

A congratulations pages comes up. "Your order is complete". Expected delivery dates - May 10 - May 17. WHOA!! That is NOT 5-9 days. Yesterday was April 17. I think they are holding some things hostage maybe cuz I did select "send all items together". Why are they making it so complicated?

Wait, wait..I know that answer already. They draw you in with free shipping as we all know is a fortune these days. So....they do everything to try to trick you  still paying it. Well...I will jump thru all their hoops and I CAN wait for the things. I already know they are fooling me anyway cuz every time I order things, they always come before the estimated arrival time. I am on to you Amazon. I love your prices and ease of ordering online..therefore...I will play your games. Beware people...take your time when ordering. Good deals ARE out there.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

They do have you over a barrel on shipping costs. I ordered those 13 90" round table cloths and the shipping was only $7 I could hardly believe that and I got them in less then a week. So sometimes there is good deals in shipping I agree that Amazon is the pits when it comes to the shipping.