Monday, February 22, 2010

Another minute or hour

Here is another of my favorite sites. At this site people write questions and anyone can answer them. At the upper right, there is a search box and you can find questions related to your interests.

I have found so much great information on here. For instance, I read one question where a guy wanted to know of movies that were not main stream but often overlooked and too good to miss. People wrote in with over 70 answers and I copied down a lot of movie ideas. 

If you like a certain genre of books, there are many questions asking for more books of the same type. Like one person liked legal thrills of John Grisham and wanted to know other authors of the same type of books. I particularly liked that questions as I love that author.

You can type anything in to the search box and come up with tons of posts related to it. There are also great subject links on the right to browse.

Or you can just browse the muliple questions posted every day and read the answers. Some are quite informational. Many people want to visit a certain city and ask for things to do, places to eat. 

The number of questions are quite endless in variety. Like one of this morning of a guy asking if he should be upset that his girlfriend used his kitchen metal strainer to  rinse the  gravel in the aquarium. A lot of  people posted an opinion to that. BTW..I think he was nuts...just sanitize it and get on with life..lol. Many though thought he was in the right to be totally pissed off. Go figure.

Whatever your interests...this site will keep you busy...way too busy at times.

Metafilter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see if one would have time this would be a great place to spend some time. Thanks for posting. I will put this in my favorites. And someday when I am retired, maybe I can surf throught them.

Sandi