Sunday, February 28, 2010

How to fake American

From time to time I think nearly every American, especially as a child, has faked another language. Making mock Chinese sounds, British, or perhaps Swedish or German seems pretty easy for me. Many comedians and actors use false accents of other cultures too. But I always wondered how other cultures faked our American language. What do we sound like to them? While reading one of my favorite sites, Metafilter, I came across this very question and a lot of people responded to it with answers. I found it quite interesting.

How to fake American

Another blog thread along this same line was what an American accent sounded like.

What does an American accent sound like?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you find a sound clip of someone trying to sound American?
Sandi