Monday, February 22, 2010

Evgeni Plushenko vs Evan Lysacek

I think the amount of articles about the Olympics are more abundant this year. Or maybe I am just more interested.

I expressed my opinion on the speech with Evan Lysacek and how I admired him for it being gracious after Plushenko cut him down. (Saying he should not have won without doing a quad.) This morning I watched a couple of videos of Plushenko skating which I am sure were NOT at the Olympics especially after reading the strict dress codes. I also read some comments people left and was  struck with a ring of truth with this one.

" Evan didn't win because he's that much better then Plushenko. Evan won because he played by the rules."

I think that might be really true. There is no doubt Plushenko is a great skater but rules are rules even for those at the top. No doubt both are world class winners.

Plushenko and Tom Jones routine

Plushenko 2003

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow,,, I had not seen that video,, that is a little nuts for ice skating... But it was entertaining.
Sandi