Thursday, February 18, 2010

My last post reminds me

After I left a comment on my last post, it reminded me of how I violated the advice I gave. I wonder how many others do it too. I bought some nice white tops and they fit so nicely. I do tend to buy a lot of white and in summer I wear mostly white...tops and slacks. But I have a bad habit of buying a few things, love them a lot and "save" them for special occasions. Then one day while rummaging thru my closet come across them and decide..well..I have had it for  couple of years or more, time to actually wear it and darn...I find it does not fit so well. My weight tends to fluctuate a lot and I was so pissed at myself for not wearing it before when it fit. I dutifully hung it back in the closet and luck came my way a few years after as I again found it and VOILE', it fits. I dropped a few pounds and once again I can wear it and I shall ...this time. Maybe age is teaching this old dog a few knew tricks. Or maybe I just am old enough to not care if I drop food on it and stain it. Also a good thing I tend to classic styles so they are usually ok to wear years later.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Yes, that is great advice to give, but often hard to take for ourselves. It's like the beautiful ring Jim gave me, at first I didnt want to wear it for fear of loosing it or damaging it but then I thought.. Heck,, I am going to wear it,, that is why he gave it to me. Glad I decided that, and I will try with Tonja's necklace too, even though that one is quite fragile..

Sandi